|Photo: Connie Hatfield|
1. St. Mary's (Last Week: 1, beat San Diego State 57-5): St. Mary's continue to win against California teams. San Diego State made them work but in the end the Gaels had no trouble. Two huge tests await the team this month as they travel to Provo to play BYU this weekend and then face Cal later in the month. Up next: BYU
2. Life (LW: 3, beat Davenport 27-3): Life continue to pick up spring wins against Mid South opponents. They've benefitted from three straight home matches but they've notched wins against Davenport, Lindenwood, and Arkansas State. Davenport made them work but Life sailed through the challenge once again. Up next: Bye
3. Cal (LW: 2, lost to UBC 50-6): Cal ran out some experimental players and UBC ran out players with World Cup experience for Canada and it led to a lopsided score. At the same time Cal have to be disappointed with their showing in this year's World Cup. It was good preparation for what's to come. Up next: UCLA, USC, Stanford
Take the jump to read more.
4. BYU (LW: 4, bye): The Cougars had the weekend off. They have had spells of matches this year but then have also had long spells off. BYU are going to face their biggest challenge yet as they host St. Mary's. They lost to the Gaels last month and they will be out for revenge. Up next: St. Mary's
5. Central Washington (LW: 5, LVI): Central Washington played in the LVI last weekend. Unfortunately for the Wildcats they didn't achieve their goal as they fell short. They did go far in the tournament as expected but missed out in the semi-finals. They get back at it with their local schedule with a trip to Tacoma. Up next: Tacoma
6. Lindenwood (LW: 6, won LVI, drew with Arkansas State 17-17): The Lions didn't just win the CRC qualifier bracket at the LVI, they dominated it. It truly was an impressive performance. It wasn't all good over the weekend as they drew with Davenport 17-17 but that was after travel and a mixed squad. Up next: Davenport
7. Penn State (LW: 7, tour of Scotland): Penn State have been on tour of Scotland for Spring Break and they've already had some success with two wins. The tour is the perfect opportunity for the Nittany Lions to come together before the playoffs get going. Up next: tour of Scotland
8. Army (LW: 8, pre-season): Army are still in pre-season.
9. Arkansas State (LW: 9, drew with Lindenwood 17-17): Arkansas State followed up their good win over Indiana with a positive result against Lindenwood. Yes, it wasn't against a full-strength Lindenwood team but it was still a good results. Up next: match against Clemson cancelled
10. Indiana (LW: 10, bye): Indiana the weekend off. Up next: WJU 7s